Thursday, December 6, 2007

Research Performance

Live Strippers to Your Room

You can't walk down the Las Vegas strip without dozens of people trying to hand you small color fliers for private strippers to visit your hotel room. My friend Amanda and I found this kind of weird and surreal, so we decided to make art out of it. The next time we passed an ad-hawker trying to hand me an ad, I took it, and then Amanda immediately started screaming at me for taking it. Then she started hitting me, and I fell to the ground, and she started kicking me. It was beautiful.

(http://michaelbluejay.com/humor/performanceart.html)

What I have learned about performance art is that it can really be anything that is out of the ordinary or off track. It is something you see and then putting you own twist on it and calling it art. The example I found was preformed by "Michale Bluejay" and I found it to be rather entertaining.

No comments: